“For He Who is Mighty Has done great things for me, and Holy is His name.” Luke 1:49
Is it just me or 2014 flew by? I cannot believe that in just few hours 2014 will be in the past! Reflecting back, this year has been an amazing year for me personally for several reasons that I cannot be able to mention here all. I got to celebrate a lot of life achievements for my siblings that I call my children, among other things. I will share a few of them; as you read it, would you please praise God with me?
It has been indeed twenty years since we lost our parents and two of my siblings during the 1994 Rwandan genocide against the Tutsi but God Has been everything for us. He is our Father, Provider, Comforter, and everything we ever need! Overwhelmed by His love and Mercy, I can humbly quote what Hannah prayed to God after her barren womb was healed and she bore a son, Samuel:
“My heart exults in the Lord; my horn is exalted in the Lord. He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and on them he has set the world.” 1 Sam 8: 1, 8
- My children and I managed to take a rare vacation for just 4 of us. Flying in from different corners of the world, we were able to enjoy our time together. Saying that it was the best week of my life would be an understatement!
- My little sister Alice who has been studying in India for two years graduated with a Master’s Degree in Social Work and a second Master’s Degree in International Relations. When I sent her to school there, she was required to get just one degree, but she surprised me with taking a second program in parallel. This is just her character: she is a hard worker. I am very proud of her accomplishment and I praise God for being with her all the way.
- My brother’s fiancee, Redempta Ingabire, graduated with a Master’s Degree in Information Technology from Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), Kigali Campus. I’m a very proud sister in law!
- My adopted son, Gilbert Shyaka, graduated from the University of Rwanda with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology. Words cannot express my gratitude to God for everything He has done for this young man. To read his story, follow this link: A Story of Hope.
- In November, my brother Eric completed his Master’s Degree in Information Science from Mount Kenya University. He’s currently waiting for the graduation day that will take place sometime next year.
- My baby Mireille Noella (Miette), the youngest child of our family graduated from Kigali Independent University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Privileged to have witnessed the ceremony, I was overwhelmed with gratitude and pride as she walked the stage.
- My brother is now a grown up man. Him and his best friend Redempta tied the knot 11 days ago. I am privileged to have been there along with my Mom whom God placed in my life to be exactly a replacement of my Mother Colette I lost twenty years ago. I will never be able to thank God enough for His wonders.
I truly praise God for everything He has done for my family this year. The rest of my life is not enough to share about the work of His hands and live for His Glory! I look forward to 2015 with anticipation.
Happy New Year to you and all your loved ones.
God bless you,
Cine you deserve the best of everything and I hope and pray that God continues to bless you this coming year with more than you can contain! I love you!!!
Thank you so much Mom. I love you too
Pingback: God is Exalted: My Blogging Experience So Far! | Beauty for Ashes