My name is Alphonsine Imaniraguha Anderson. “Alphonsine” is of German origin (but mostly used in French speaking countries) that means “a noble warrior“. Imaniraguha (my maiden name) means “God gives you“. Anderson is my married name.
– I was born and raised in Rwanda, Central-East Africa. I moved to the United States in the fall of 2006.
– I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering from the National University of Rwanda, Kigali, Rwanda and a Master’s Degree in Telecom Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), Rochester, New York.
– I am a Christian by faith & choice! I love God, the Creator of the universe, the Author of all eternity, with all my heart! Jesus is my Savior, and of the world.
– I enjoy traveling, a good chat with friends, watching movies, mostly romantic comedies. Horror movies really scare me.
– I like to read books, mostly true stories (biographies, memoirs etc.). My current favorite books are: “Kisses From Katie” by Katie Davis or Katie’s Ministry and The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. Those two women are amazing and definitely an inspiration to many.
– I deeply love my three siblings, I call them my children. It’s not by luck, I watched them growing since after we lost our parents to the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda. My brother Eric is the most handsome, talented, brilliant, trustworthy, best friend anyone can wish for. He is younger but smarter than I am. My two sisters Alice and Noella are a combination of beauty and awesomeness. It always amazes me how Alice is very gifted and acts more mature than all women her age I know. She gets along with everyone, she’s very wise in many ways. I can always rely on her wisdom and compassion.
Noella is the baby of the family, and she has all my attention and love in every way, especially that I always strive to be a mother she never had. Although I cannot replace our parents, but I can do my best to be there for her. It brings tears to my eyes when she calls me Mom. Not only that she doesn’t have many memories of our perished loved ones, she doesn’t even remember their faces. She will always be a little girl in my eyes. She brings laughter and joy to the family by just being herself. She cracks up jokes often although she may make you think she is a shy person; may be to others not to her siblings. Those three are the reason I am alive today and I have no doubt. I absolutely adore them. I am one lucky mother and big sister alive.
– I started Rising Above the Storms (RAS), a non profit organization with a vision to bring hope, advocate for orphans and empower youth-at-risk through the gift of education. Our very first project, a learning center, was launched in Rwanda in January 2017. At the center, street children bathe, get clean clothes, meals, counseling sessions to get to know them, and they are helped to return to traditional public schools and their homes. We currently have over 45 kids in our program. For more info about our kids, please visit our website at: Sponsor a Child
Thank you for your time reading my bio. For more information about my work, please click here: Who We Are. Or you can follow RAS on twitter at RAS_NonProfit or Facebook at RAS. And for more about me, please visit this page that highlights where my personal story has been published: Publications
Woow Sis.. I really like this. I always love you.
Thanks sweetheart. Love you too
You are one amazing woman of God. There is nothing boring about you! There is an amazing man out there who needs to find you! Your names truly fit you.
Aww! I can’t get enough of your beautiful words. You are so sweet Grace. I once heard that “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.” With God, I haven’t needed anything, and it will never happen. Thank you again and again. Please share with your friends about my blog if you feel like it can inspire someone. I am trusting God for His wonders.
A very good bio, Alphonsine!
Thanks Olivier. Hope you are doing well.
I just read your story, Christ in Me, in My Daily Bread . My heart is so saddened and at the same time inspired …..amazed at your courage and faith. I thank the Lord that He sustained you and your precious siblings physically and spiritually. I will continue to read and support you and your ministry Rising above the Storm. I pray that God will forgive me for not realizing what was happening in Rwanda to you and your family and millions of Rwandans in the early nineties.
Hi Natalie, thank you so much for the beautiful comment and for reading my article, visiting my blog and following my non profit organization. I appreciate it and your encouragement. God Has surely been great to me and my siblings. I am eternally grateful! Please stay in touch!
Wow! I bought the Daily Bread for 2017 but decided to read some devotions before then anyway. I just read your story and then googled you. I google everything :-). You are so strong. God bless you and your siblings immeasurably. I’m so touched and inspired. Please take care of yourself. You are a star.
Aw! Thank you so much Rosemary! That’s very sweet of you to say! I’m really touched by your words! I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner! Good bless you!
I read your story in the daily bread today and decided to Google you to see who the strong woman is. Thank God for you life. You have just inspired me with your story. Stay bless and continue to do great work of God. God bless you andyour three siblings.
Dear Afia! Thank you so much for this beautiful message and reading my blog. God bless you!
I have read your testimony “Christ In Me” from Our Daily Bread” 2017 Edition. Wow! I am so encouraged and enlightened by your powerful testimony. It caught me to read your bio again from the google. You really are a strong woman of faith and truely a hero for your sibblings and for others. I am so sorry for the tough time and difficult life you have gone through with your other sibblings. But, i can sense and feel that our Heavenly Father is truely faithful and He is with you always as He promised. Glory to God in the highest! I wish and pray in my heart that you will see greater things are yet to be done in and through your life.
Grace and peace to you from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
Dear Buata! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this encouraging message. God Has been great to us and He’s a Fatherly to the fatherless as He’s promised. God bless you!
Paying forward with a genuine and generous heart! Great work for God remembering your people selflessly👍🏻
Thank you! God bless!